fan club

Sunday, November 23, 2008

let's hear it for the boy


dan decided to take the week off work. he told me that he was in charge of the boys and i could do whatever i wanted.
i think he's a pretty cool husband and i thought i would take a quick moment to let all of you know why...

*dan is a comic book nerd.

*he makes me laugh

*he always tries to rough house with the boys just before bed

*he calls me attractive when it's 2pm, i'm unshowered, in sweats, and have yesterdays mascara smeared under my eyes

*he's been doing the dishes ever since my first pregnancy nausea

*he turns everything I say into an innuendo and it never makes sense
(i.e. me-I'm making soup for dinner.
him-I'll make your soup for dinner.)

*he willingly got a parking ticket on our first date, a byu game, because he didn't want to miss kickoff.

*Parker thinks the world of him

*he loves his mom and rubs her feet

*he takes teasing well


*he raves about my mediocre cooking


*he is currently designing a quilt for parker (his idea)


*he has to see movies the day they come out

*he has a shoe fetish


*he is my human space heater


*82% of his vocabulary is movie and t.v. lines


*he calls me to get stats whenever the boys go for their well checkup
(he loves to hear %tile for height)

*he's a very good salesman


*he never gets sick


*he's friends with my brothers


*he doesn't eat leftovers


*he's just a big kid


*whenever i'm ranting or raving about something, he says
"no question" in agreement


*he gets the boys ready for church every sunday



*when i wear heels, i'm taller than him. even though i hate it, he says he doesn't mind


*he read all 4 Twilight books for me


*his proposal was very elaborate


*he can never keep a secret. i always know what i'm getting for Christmas/birthday


*he put a box of tissue in my stocking last year


*he was amazed when my mom made a layered cake once. he said "how did you get the frosting in the middle?!"


*he rolls his eyes whenever i tell that story


*he loves, loves, loves his boys


*he loves diving boards



*he took me to cabo san lucas on our honeymoon and no one would speak spanish with him


*he and parker have a secret handshake of sorts


*he thinks he knows how to tickle but it really just hurts


*he refuses to listen to modern music


*his idea of cleaning up after dinner is eating the leftovers off of everyone's plate


* he gets caden every morning so i can stay in bed longer


*he hates to shave (obviously!)

*he's very competative

*he hates the game CLUE

*he always let's me get my way

*he loves 'shrooms. go figure!

Love you Dan-o. Thanks for being my BFF

5 comments:

  1. i think it is mandatory for boys to use innuendos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my cousin. I can't wait to meet you when we come out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No question! Dan, you're the man! So glad you came into our lives when you did. (Carolyn had big dreams about living in S.F. and studying fashion design. I was worried about my little girl going out into the world, alone. I asked her if she could wait to get married first and take her husband with her. Her plans took a little detour, but what a ride it's been!)
    Thanks for the memories and allowing me to wow you with my homemade birthday cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very very cute. just one problem!!!

    "*he read all 4 Twilight books for me"

    im having a very difficult time understanding the logistics of that statement...

    ReplyDelete