fan club

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Let's be honest


What did Carolyn really think of recent movie releases?






TRAIN WRECK




And very like a train wreck you can't not look at it! The acting was bad (Kristen Stewart excluded), the score was BAD, and the directing was bad, but when given the chance to see it again, I offered to buy the tickets! {And I'm looking forward to seeing it again.} Oh Twilight, you never were a healthy thing for the female population.
In the immortal words of John Lennon:
I saw a film today, oh boy! ... A crowd of people turned away, but I just had to look, having read the book.


LAMENESS














Sure, Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon had their funny moments, but the movie as a whole was not funny. And most of the good parts you can watch on the trailer for free.
Save yourself the $9.


UTTERLY BEAUTIFUL













Don't listen to the critics on this one!
The backdrop: beautiful
The story: beautiful
The characters: beautiful
Hugh Jackman: beautiful.

I cried my eyes out.

7 comments:

  1. LOL - Jessica told me you hated it and the music. I think it is funny that you thought Kristin Stewart was good. Her studdering has to freaking stop! At the end in the hospital I wanted to slap her. I even yelled "Spit it out already" when I first saw it. I don't think over all their acting was bad it was the director and the screenplay. Oh gosh I sure hope that they choose another director. She has been signed, but she talks as if she has. The music...I actually now like a lot of it. I even downloaded some that is not even on the CD. It wasn't placed very well in the movie though. And yes I actually like the actors song. I didn't at first, but it has grown on me. Mostly the guitar. Ok done with my book I have to stop. Thanks for the info on the Holiday movie. I will wait for DVD. Also I will see Twilight for the 4th time in Jan....it really does grow on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so apparently I lied about commenting on this post. But I do agree with your opinions. And even though I haven't see Australia, yet, I have an inkling that I'm going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you hear?! New Moon will have a different director! YEAH...I bet it will be so much better....I hope that they also give a bigger budget.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes the "If you could out run me" was a little dramatic and when he grabs his nose in the biology class, but I am building my hopes that it will be better without the director. I liked the background music from right before they walk to the forest area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you know, I declined the invite to go to the midnight viewing of Twilight. Sleep is more important to me these days (darn hormones, or lack thereof!) I don't feel like I missed much. The movie of the book that played in my head while I read it was really good and I don't want to ruin that! But, maybe I'll go see it when it's in the Dollar Theater. You, Jessica, and I can go together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AGREED! on all of it but 4 Christmases. I think it may have been the fact that I was actually WITHOUT a 10 month old at the movies that made this one good for me. I just saw your Christmas card at my parents house. IT IS AMAZING. No less than expected though. Does it stress you out having to outdo yourself every time? We are always waiting anxiously to see what you'll do next. You are my crafting IDOL! Glad to know you blog. I am a little lazy at posting but can't wait to be checking out your doings. Lets get together and CRAFT a little!!! Nicole (Butler/cousin) Smith

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll admit that i liked this film alot.

    ReplyDelete