fan club

Monday, November 17, 2008

a little beauty tip

{This may bore some of you who already know this.}
My cute sister-in-law / graphic art student Maddie never wears makeup. She doesn't really need to. But one day she wore just mascara and we could not compliment her enough! Her hair was blonder, her skin seemed tanner, her cheeks were rosy and her eyes were brighter. Then she told us why she thought that was. When painting a portrait, you have to have two elements: Black and bright color. They compliment and enhance each other. Since she has blue eyes and pink cheeks, all she needed to add was black (mascara). I thought that was funny since I wear bright pink blush if I only have time for one thing. My face is full of black! And if I wear just mascara, I look like a raccoon. The next time we have family pictures, I'm going to wear my pink blush - I love liquid 'cause it makes my cheeks shiny - and bright pink lipstick. We'll see if I look like a clown.

1 comment:

  1. That's interesting. I think of myself as having no color (very washed out anyway) AND no black! Marie Osmond was asked a long time ago what 2 cosmetic choices she would wear if only allowed 2. I don't really remember what she said, but I think she included lipstick.

    I've thought about that from time- to-time over the years. I think I would choose mascara because my eyelashes need A LOT of help, and concealer for the shadows around my eyes (or I too look like a raccoon.)

    I recently learned that regular mascara is soooo much better for me than water-proof. It gives me the fuller, feathered look I'm after. I've always worn brown-black, but maybe I should follow Maddie's example and try good ole black!

    Thanks for the tip Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete