fan club

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

don't come around here no more

the two unsuspecting salesman today dropped the last straw on this camel's back. you think they would cover this in training! if you come to my door and ask, "is your mom or dad home?" you can just turn around and walk away. because whatever it is you're selling- i don't care if it's Elvis Presley shaped, gourmet imported caramel filled chocolates that come wrapped in a 1/2 yard of fabric, i'm not going to buy it now. i've thought of some snotty replies, {i don't know if they're home, would you like me to call them and find out?} but i can never remember to say them once the offense is committed. (and yes, this does happen to me frequently.)
...so i'll try to cut them off at the pass. for those of you without a local craft store...
first of all: i feel sorry for you; second: there are some great stamps to choose from here. just use a foam brush to lightly dab a little acrylic paint onto you stamp and press firmly but gently onto your plaque. don't forget to put a clear coat on when you're finished to protect it from the elements. {and the occasional egg from a snubbed solicitor.}

2 comments:

  1. Andrew told me about the incident a couple weeks ago! I laughed. I just can't believe people actually ask you if your mother is home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty sure they think it's a compliment. When in doubt, schmooze. I guess they don't know how offensive it is to you.

    ReplyDelete