fan club

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

the answers

David Bowie is from London. He was born in Brixton as David Robert Jones. But there was already a Davy Jones in the biz (hey, hey we're the monkees) so he changed his name. I just wanted to see if someone thought he was from Canada or Guam or something.

He toured as alter ego Ziggy Stardust in 1972. If you ever see a pic of him with face paint and red hair, it's not Bowie, it's Ziggy. I know, the pants are nasty. But on me they'd look divine.

David Bowie did a duet with Bing Crosby. The Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth.
Lovely song.


David Bowie recorded with:
John Lennon, Luther Vandros (I know! right?), Queen (if you squint reeeal hard you can spot Freddie Mercury in his famous tank.), Tina Turner, Iggy Pop, Mick Jagger, Nine Inch Nails, to name a few.



The Goblin King's name is Jareth. Well done all. (and that's toby.)





Movies the Bowie has been in:
The Man Who Fell to the Earth, Just a Gigolo, Christiane F., The Hunger, Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence, Yellowbeard, Absolute Beginners, Labyrinth, The Last Temptation of Christ, The Linguini Incident, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me, Basquiat, Gunslinger's Revenge, Everybody Loves Sunshine, Zoolander, The Prestige (the itty bitty pic above), Arthur and the Invisibles, to name a few. and no, I did not already know this entire list.





David Bowie is married to Iman. Doesn't this pic make you wish you had one just like it of you and your hubby? {Candis, this spring, you're taking my family pics... make it happen. i expect to look just as skinny and dan appear to have just as much hair.}


At a 2004 concert, Bowie was hit in the eye with a lollipop. it stuck. he called to the audience, "you [insert profanity] wankers!" (is that ok? can I type wankers if it's not a swear word to me?) he still did the show. what a trooper.
So now you know. Thanks to my nearest and dearest who humored me. :)
(and the extra tid-bit of trivia via Julie)

2 comments:

  1. Wankers is a very very very bad word! FYI But Crap is a really bad word here to so no worry's they think it is funny whenever Americans try to say words that are English and we think we know what we are talking about but good thought. But a side note the F word is not really that bad of a word here but I wouldn't say it because it is a bad word to us...So you should say insert profanity when you say the word wankers next time... Sorry I said it so many times! :) I Do Love the English People and David Bowie is a really great guy especially in the Labyrinth my all time favorite movie Loved his hair and make-up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So... it looks like his eye popped out. Are you sure it was a lolipop?

    ReplyDelete