fan club

Friday, January 23, 2009

matty's home


this was actually the "before" picture. but two years later (after running around the house like a chicken with my head cut off, keys, camera, kids, check!) we find ourselves at the airport, arriving 45 minutes early so as to not miss anything. we check the incoming flights screen frequently, but his keeps saying 'on time' and nothing more. so everyone starts to wander, jessica takes korbin for a diaper change, i'm fishing through her diaper bag for a cracker for Caden, then matthew (i mean, Elder Nevin) just wanders out into the baggage claim with none of us paying attention. we gave him a belated "woohoo" but it was all pretty anti-climactic. and the cherry on top? my camera's battery dies after the first pic. the other missionary on the flight has a parade waiting for him front and center complete with balloons, poster, and eager happy faces who cheered at the first sight of him. oh well.
on an unrelated note, it's been a week since i posted about my birthday boy. now call me silly and needy, but doesn't anyone else want to wish him a happy birthday? i mean the first one is kind of a big deal. and i'm one of those mom's who gets jealous for their kids.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dan It's me josh, I found your families blog, I can't believe you have 2 children already! It is so awesome to finally find you, and see that you are doing great! Check out our blog and leave me a comment with your e-mail address so I can e-mail you. Well talk to you later. Josh Campbell

    ReplyDelete