fan club

Monday, March 8, 2010

Vacation, all I ever wanted

Dan and I read a book that said of all the things you invest your money in, your relationship should be at the top of the list. Meaning, couples don't take enough vacations together because they feel it's a frivolous expense. Sure Dan and I would love to take off to Costa Rica, but we just don't have $3000 lying around and the tax return is already earmarked. So instead, we went here. It was beautiful and relaxing, even though we don't ski. (don't worry, we got a screaming deal on the room)

We shopped till we dropped - can you say outlet mall? HOLLA! and we saw the new Alice in Wonderland in {drum roll please}..... 3D!! I have a teeny bit of a hard time with 3D. Things jumping right in your face? I have a hard enough time just showing affection to my extended family and making eye contact with new acquaintances. (hey - a girl needs a bubble of personal space to be self-conscious in) But after getting over the trauma, it really was so cool to be in Wonderland in person.
We ate, we laughed, we cried, (mostly just Dan as he watched his bank account dwindle away right before his very eyes) and then we went home. The Hollywood Video by his parents house was going out of business, so we stocked up. Dan was surely in heaven. They were still renting their video games so I grabbed Beatles Rockband and asked the clerk, "are these for sale too?" yep - $20. Score! Now Dan loves me forever. 8 dvds and 2 xbox games later, my man was satisfied. We even got to end the trip by rounding up the Ged-heads for a little jam session. And I found out I'm not so terrible on the bass. on easy. who knew?

Thanks Nana and Gramps for watching our little rugrats so this could be possible. We had a blast!

P.S. how is it that Johnny Depp can still be good looking, even when he's not good looking? some people - garr!

3 comments:

  1. 1. That place looks amazing!!
    2. We should read that book-is it the same one you were telling us about?
    3. I love outlet malls & Hollywood Videos that go out of business
    4. Wasn't Alice in Wonderful fabulous?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, sounds dreamy. What a smart thing you read about investing in your relationship! Your writing is hilarious. And I'm wondering if we have ever looked at each other's eyes. I am the same when it comes to making eye contact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, you are hilarious. Love the bubble.

    ReplyDelete