fan club

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

have you seen this?

One of the movies Dan and I scored at the Hollywood Video out-of-business-extravaganza was The Brothers Bloom. We had never seen it but my brother Andrew and his cute wife Julie said it was good. And for $5, I thought ... why not?

Now I know it's a little late for a review, but I think this movie got a raw deal, so allow me to impart my own thoughts about it.

It's your typical con man movie that's a bit on the quirky side that I found both amusing and intriguing. There is a sweet under story, however; stealthily laid beneath the popcorn exterior. and I can always tell I liked a movie when I keep thinking about it afterward. But it wasn't until little pieces of the movie came floating back to me that I realized exactly how deep and touching the under story was. It wasn't obviously shoved in your face like so many other movies do. The writers expected their audience had a bit more intelligence than the superficial movie goer. {thank you guys} perhaps that's why it didn't get the best of reviews?

At any rate, I was driving to Big Lots, {I just love that store. I bought some really cute mirrors. perhaps a pic later?} and it hit me with full force leaving me to fight off the bawl. Ok, maybe I'm being silly. Maybe you'll watch it and think, what the heck is she talking about?

It's that dang Adrien Brody. This isn't the first time he's haunted me after a movie. I couldn't sleep the night after I saw The Village. It wasn't me worried about a woodland monster getting me - paleease! I don't scare that easy. It was images of Adrien Brody as an innocent, all be it disturbed, mentally handicapped kid bleeding to death in a pit.

where was I? Oh yeah. super long post = I think I really liked this movie and I recommend it if you're not completely confused by this novel I've written.

4 comments:

  1. never seen it. but now im excited to see if it will give me adrien brody nightmares =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to see that when it came out but the reviews scared me...Blah to critics! I knew I was missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i downloaded at watched it last night. i really like it. thanks for the review. no adrien brody dream though =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I told you it was fabulous! *Maybe we need to buy it for $5 too!*

    ReplyDelete