fan club

Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Greatie Eighties


some really awesome things were born in in the eighties:



the side ponytail...


80's movies...



tetris (obviously!)...



some really great tunes...



And me!

That's right - today is my birthday. And before anyone goes jumping to conclusions,
my hair is half up in this picture. I do not have an extreme mullet. My mother may have given me a Joseph Smith haircut when I was 12, but nobody's that cruel!

All mullet's aside. The 80's were great! And I submit that there is no better decade for music, before or after. So I've compiled a list of some of my fave 80's tunes. 27 to be exact. One for every year of my life. And my birthday wish is that you will search out and download these beauties to your ipod, or a burn yourself a CD if you like to kick it old school like me. What to do next is simple. Pull up your leg warmers, pull down the blinds in the kitchen, and boogie down.

But boogie like you mean it.

1. Funkytown - Lipps Inc
2. Money - The Flying Lizards
3. Bad Reputation - Joan Jett
4. You Make My Dreams - Hall & Oates
5. Should I Stay or Should I Go? - The Clash
6. Kids in America - Kim Wilde
7. Come on Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners
8. Goody Two Shoes - Adam Ant
9. When Doves Cry - Prince
10. It's My Life - Talk Talk
11. Take On Me - Aha
12. Once in a Lifetime - Talking Heads
13. Addicted to Love - Robert Palmer
14. Rock Me Amadeus - Falco
15. Just Like Heaven - The Cure
16. Beds are Burning - Midnight Oil
17. A Little Respect - Erasure
18. Faith - George Michael
19. Roam - B52's
20. She Drives Me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals
21. Sunglasses at Night - Corey Hart
22. Dancing with Myself - Billy Idol
23. Video Killed the Radio Star - The Buggles
24. I Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode
25. Whip It - Devo
26. Voices Carry - Til Tuesday
27. Head Over Heels - Tears for Fears

{these are in no particular order. David Bowie and Michael Jackson were not included because you don't listen to just one of their songs. you listen to the whole album.}

6 comments:

  1. wow after seeing the picture of you i suddenly have a new level of respect for you ;)

    i totally agree with you about 80's music. some of these songs i dont have. i will download them soon.

    i wish you a fantastic birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I love that picture! So. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! For some great 80's music try Volume I and II of the Wedding Singer Soundtracks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look awesome :) I will have to add a new playlist to the ipod..."Carolyn"

    ReplyDelete
  6. the cars album - I have that on vinyl. great buy.

    ReplyDelete