fan club

Thursday, September 25, 2008

So Long Summer

PARKER GEDDES, FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
(NOTICE THE UNFORTUNATE PLACEMENT OF HIS SPILLED BREAKFAST)

The pool has closed, school has started, the Autumn Equinox has commenced, and by our grandmothers standards, we should no longer be wearing white. But I love fall so much that I can't be sad. So in a nutshell, here's how we spent our summer, we did have some good times!
Our Summer was spent packing up our Tuesday mornings and heading to the Orem library for lap time with Grandma Laura, Uncle Jared, Aunt Jessica and Korbin. Afterwards we would delightfully shop away the afternoon with money nobody had to spend. Thursdays, and any other day we could manage, were lolled away at the Lehi pool with Aunt Hilary. Aaah Hilary. She was my sidekick for most of the summer but has ditched me for something these young people call 'college.' Then there was the Birthday Party Extravaganza thrown by myself and my ever fabulous sister, for all the lucky people born both in August and into our family. Dinners would consist of Red Lobster with our pals Jake and Candis Ellis. And Dan and I went and saw nearly every stinking movie that came out!
Oh, now I do feel kind of sad. And does it upset me that Parker grew up without my permission and is now in pre-school? Of course. But it's nice to have some one on one with Caden. So every yin has a yang. And on the ultimate bright side: where there is fall, there is candy corn!

4 comments:

  1. Carolyn, you are like a blogging protoge! I love your 'speak my language' column! I just might copy you! haha. Anyway, we have a special treat for you guys, maybe we'll stop by later tonight...oh, and by the way, you should know that it will forever summer with the Ellises and Red Lobster!

    Parker and Caden are so freaking cute! I love the collage! And Steve Holt?! Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I just have to post the lyrics to the song in case any of you would like to sing along. I know, Carolyn, you're probably right. I should get my own blog. I'll think about it.

    Elenore by The Turtles

    You got a thing about you
    I just can't live without you
    I really want you, Elenore, near me
    Your looks intoxicate me
    Even though your folks hate me
    There's no one like you, Elenore, really

    Chorus:
    Elenore, gee I think you're swell
    And you really do me well
    You're my pride and joy, et cetera
    Elenore, can I take the time
    To ask you to speak your mind
    Tell me that you love me better

    I really think you're groovy
    Let's go out to a movie
    What do you say, now, Elenore, can we?
    They'll turn the lights way down low
    Maybe we won't watch the show
    I think I love you, Elenore, love me

    [repeat chorus]

    Coda:
    Elenore, gee I think you're swell ah-hah

    ReplyDelete