fan club

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

boycott winter


It's time to say "NO to snow"! Because you let it happen once, and then it hangs around all dang year!!
Dan looks like a little winter gnome with his hat back like that, yes? I asked him "why so dorky?" He replied, "If I wear my hat, my head gets warm."
Hmmmm. I didn't even bother to continue that discussion. After all, he does have a point.
All I do these days is sit around watching chick flicks and folding laundry in my 'me' time. I just can't be motivated in these conditions. And to top it off, Caden has the cold that wouldn't leave. {By the way, nothing is more unsettling than to hear your two year old sneeze while you're driving, turn back to see two channels of snot bridging his nostrils and upper lip, turn back to grab some tissue which you keep handy in the front seat for just such an occasion, only to turn back to said two year old and the snot has magically disappeared. nothing.}

but here's a little funsie tag, just for ... well, funsies.

If I was a month, I'd be May, or June. Whichever is nicer this year.
If I was a day of the week, I'd be Saturday Saturday.
If I was a time of day, I'd be Naptime.
If I was planet, I'd be Earth. blue and green.
If I was a sea animal, I'd be a crab in the morning and a whale at night.

If I was a direction, I'd be North. because I'm tall.
If I was a piece of furniture, I'd be a long, tufted chaise lounge. reupholstered in a fun print.
If I was a liquid, I'd be cold.
If I was a gemstone, I'd be a sapphire.
If I was a tree, I'd be green?! {inside joke for all you Drop Dead Gorgeous fans}

If I was a tool, I'd be a rotary cutter, or a staple gun.
If I was a flower, I'd be an orchid. because I really only need to be watered once a week.
If I was a kind of weather, I'd be fairweather.
If I was a musical instrument, I'd be a trumpet, I think.
If I was a color, I'd be a warm blue. A little moody, a little whimsical.

If I was an emotion, I'd be enthusiastic, most of the time.
If I was a fruit, I'd be a strawberry. which is technically not a fruit.
If I was a sound, I'd be whirr whirr.
If I was an element, I'd be water, but can I come in the form of summer rain?
If I was a car, I'd be a vintage jaguar convertible roadster. probably '39-'41. Painted a lovely hollandaise color. wait - is this the car we'd be, or the car we want?

Tag - you're it.





1 comment: