fan club

Friday, October 29, 2010

witches be crafty!

I think my boys may be growing up with a model of the female homemaker that's disproportionate to, perhaps, what is more common. Every woman they know and care about is a wicked creatin' machine! I just hope their future wives are into it too or they might think something is wrong with them.

I'll admit I may go a tiny bit overboard sometimes. but hey - I'm not the only one!


festive pillow cases made by Grandma. {my mom}
they look adorable on the boys' orange polka dot sheets.

homemade eyeballs.
we grabbed a package or two of white ping pong balls from the dollar store,
added a few colored permanent markers and...

but none were cuter than the ones parker made.
great kids craft - he had so much fun he was giddy!

spooky broach.
hit the dollar store again for an assorted bag of plastic critters.
'paint' them with regular school glue and coat with glitter.
i did about two coats. when it's dry, attach a bar pin on the back with hot glue.
makes a fabulous party favor!
careful where you pin it though - this guy has roving hands!

spidey pillow.
I stitched mine with heavy white thread and my machine.
but you can achieve the same effect with fine yarn and hot glue.
the fairy god-mother of all glues.

poisoned apples.
grab the already made caramel apple dip {chocolate flavor} from the store and warm it up. Whisk some in a bowl with a teaspoon or two of boiling water to make it more runny.
add a drop of black food coloring and drizzle on top of apples.
then gently shake to make it creep down the sides. don't worry, it'll dry.
spooky. and tasty. spasty. or tooky?


trick -or- treat bag made by Nanna. {dan's mom}
I swear they didn't call each other.
they just happened to make their projects out of coordinating fabric.

Spider's nest cupcakes.
great for your next party.
these remind me of the book: the trouble with mom.
darling book! recommended read for the kiddos.
not just for Halloween either.



No comments:

Post a Comment