fan club

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Top Ten Halloween Songs You May Have Overlooked

Some of these you may have heard of, others are a little more obscure. All are the perfect companion to Thriller and Monster Mash at your upcoming party.

10. Spider Man - The Cure
{not to be confused with the theme song for our favorite sticky-fingered hero}

9. Hell - Squirrel Nut Zippers
{remember when they were popular? I was in high school.}

8. Werewolves of London - Warron Zevon
{my fave line: I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vicks, his hair was perfect.}


7. Devil Woman - Cliff Richard

6. Dancing at the Zombie Zoo - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
{I grew up on Full Moon Fever. What can I say? Some parents are just cooler than others.}

5. Little Red Riding Hood - Sam the Sham
{and of course Wooly Bully if you don't already have it}

4. We Only Come Out at Night - Smashing Pumpkins
{don't worry - there's no screaming in this song}

3. Strange Magic - E.L.O.
{that stands for Electric Light Orchestra}

2. My Beloved Monster - The Eels
{LOVE this song!!}

1. Werewolf Bar Mitzvah - Tracy Jordan (Morgan)
{to those of you not 30 Rock savvy, I say: become so!}

There you have it. Download these babies for a spooky good time and make sure to blast them out your window for your trick - or - treaters. I believe in sharing the wealth.

2 comments:

  1. A great list! I'm a huge Warren Zevon fan. You could add his song "Excitable Boy" to your list. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are officially my favorite person right now for listing Zombie Zoo.

    ReplyDelete