fan club

Thursday, September 3, 2009

yummy yummy

I have made jam! (said like Tom Hanks in Castaway) I must admit, I thought canning was for old ladies and over zealots.
(I kid! I kid!)
I never wanted to attempt it because I was under the belief it would take a huge mess and a pot the size of texas. But it was really easy and I used the inversion method.

Here's my recipe:

3 1/2 C pulsed Strawberries
{about a 4qt container}

2 C pulsed Nectarines
{about 3: ripe, but not mushy}

7 C Sugar

1 box Pectin

then just follow the directions on the Pectin box.
BUT, after you ladle the jam into the jars you don't need the giant pot of boiling water. Just screw on the lids nice and tight and turn the jars upside down. I let mine sit that way for an hour. I turned them over and the lids still pushed up and down so I thought it didn't work. But in the morning they were sucked in real tight.
Hooray!! Jam for the next 6 months.



1 comment:

  1. this jam is quite good on most anything, and not only that, but it makes a great syrup for crepes.

    ReplyDelete